Sunday, October 9, 2011

Two Big Announcements

Big Announcement #1: Sunday Song Lyrics
I'm debuting a new feature today. I already give you my take on novels I've read (almost) every week. I occasionally post my take on Bible passages. So I figure, why not give you my take on the songs I love as well.

The title has a double meaning. The feature will be posted on Sunday, obviously. But most importantly, the songs are what I call "Sunday Songs," great songs that have touched my heart because they glorify God. And isn't that what Sunday is all about?

So, without further ado...Sunday Song Lyrics

This is the Stuff  
Performed by Francesca Battistelli

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
~~~

Andrea's Take
The first two lines convinced me that this is my theme song. The chorus reminds me that God uses every little thing to bring me closer to him, as long as I am willing.


My four year old loves it too and can sing every word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big Announcement #2: The Birthday Bash

Today is my birthday! Okay it's not my birthday, but it is my blog's birthday. One year ago today, I wrote my first blog post. See That Post Here

In honor of this auspicious occasion, I'm giving away free stuff.

I alluded to some giveaways in a couple of posts during September. Well, this is it. This week I'm giving away my copy of each book I reviewed in the month of September in the order in which I reviewed them.

MondayHailee by Penny Zeller

TuesdayA Most Unsuitable Match by Stephanie Grace Whitson

(I'm skipping Wednesday because that's the usual "What I Read" day, and I don't want to cause any confusion by featuring a book I'm not giving away. And because I have only four books to give away).

ThursdayThe Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden

FridayWings of a Dream by Anne Mateer

Each day I will post an interview with the featured author. These ladies have been very gracious, agreeing to participate on short notice (since I've thrown this thing together at nearly the last minute).

A comment will get you in a drawing. Following my blog will be an optional entry each day. Some of the authors will have pages to "follow" or "like" or newsletters you can subscribe to for even more entries. Drawings will be open until Sunday, October 16, and winners will be announced one day next week.

It's gonna be a blast!

Before you leave today, check out my beautiful "Blog Birthday Bash" button. It was designed by my very best friend, and first ever follower of Andrea's Take, Melissa Jagears. Didn't she do a lovely job? Feel free to grab that bonnie button and post it on your own blog or website.

Okay, that's all for now. Come back bright and early Monday morning for my interview with Penny Zeller.

(Psst...Penny has offered to include a bookplate personalized to the lucky winner of her book. Isn't that lovely? I think so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment