Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Very Important Day

It's today! One of the most important days of the year. About 2:00 am on this day,  in a year I will not say,  a very special baby boy was born.

Twenty three years, and a few months later, that very special boy married me.

Yes, today is my very wonderful husband's birthday.

He won't read this because he doesn't read my blog.

"So, why," you ask, "are you posting about it?"

Actually, that is why I'm posting about it. You see, he wouldn't let me throw a party with his friends at work.  He wouldn't let me take him out for a special dinner. Basically, I'm allowed to make a cake...and cookies.

Well, that's not enough of a fuss for the man who puts up with this "caffeinated drama queen*" day in and day out. So I decided to tell all my many MANY readers : ) about this very noteworthy occasion. If I make a fuss here, he won't know, so he can't get mad.

I have known this man since I was 15 and he was 17 years old. I have been in love with him nearly half my life.

If this one event in history had not happened...I shudder to think what my life would be like today...all the things I would have missed:

His amazing family.
His sense of humor even if it drives me crazy sometimes.
Operation Repo I never would have watched that show if he didn't hog the remote, and it's pretty entertaining. If you tell him I said so, I'll deny it.
Football - I watched him play it.  I watched him coach it. I grew to love it.
The joy of motherhood.
The thrill of his kiss.
The safety of his embrace.

I could go on, but I'm not sure Google has enough gigabytes...

He likes to tell people he "married up." It's a beautiful thing to say, but it just isn't true. I'm the one who managed to snag someone out of my league.

A grain of sand works its way into an oyster's shell, and over time, it is transformed into something lovely and precious.

Without this man wrapping his love around me all these years, my life would be as dull as that grain of sand. He has made it a pearl.

Happy Birthday, Babe! I love you.


* I've borrowed this phrase from Julie Lessman because it is a perfect description of me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Josh! He has to be something to get anyone to love football. Bleh. :)

    ReplyDelete