Wednesday, February 16, 2011

She’s Four…Going on Sixteen

As I was tucking my daughter into bed last night, she said the cutest thing…

“Mommy, you’re the sweetest thing in the world…”

Her 4-year-old speech made it sound like, “Mommy, yore da sweetes’ sing in da worwd…”

She says this occasionally, and it never fails to warm my heart. However, this time it was followed by this:

“…but sometimes you can get bossy.”

Just like that, she’s a teenager!

A few minutes later, to my relief, she was back to being my sweet little girl. Climbing back into bed after a trip to the potty, she said, “Pwease, Mommy, I want you to way wiss me!* Pwease!” 

It was all I could do not to curl up beside her and rock her to sleep.

As the song says, “Thank Heaven for little girls…”

Unfortunately, it’s also true that “…little girls get bigger every day.”




* In case it's been a while since you lived with a 4-year-old, that's "lay with me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment