Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Out of the Great Abyss

Wow!  I've been sucked away from my computer, down into the deep, dark, abyss I call "Everyday Life."

I have not posted here for over 3 weeks.  I have only skimmed over most of the blogs I frequent for the last 2 weeks.  And, worst of all (as all NaNo-ers know) I have not touched my novel for over a week. 

As a new writer and blogger, I'm still learning to struggle against that current that drags me away from my characters and my readers.  My problem is discipline--making a schedule and sticking to it.  This has been my problem forever.  Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was in elementary school, we were graded on "Uses time wisely."  I always got an "N" in this area.  That stands for "Needs Improvement."  Suffice it to say, I still "need improvement" in this area of my life.

Lord willing, I'm back on track now.  One of the blogs I have actually read was by Nathan Bransford, and it was something like "How to build your blog following."  Mr. Bransford's wisdom hit home for me.  He said something like, "Consistency is key." Basically, blog on schedule, so your readers know when you're coming. 

So, in the interest of consistency I've decided I'm going to endeavor to post here no less than twice weekly:  Once with my oh-so-wise commentary on my Bible study, and again with some funny or profound tidbit that I picked up elsewhere. 

I obviously reserve the right to comment more often than that.  But I think if I commit myself to at least twice a week, I'll be forced to do two things: 1) Study at least one chapter of the Bible each week (that never hurt any body, I guarantee it)  2) Turn on my computer at least twice a week, thus bringing my novel so close I can almost touch it, so I will actually do something with it.

Please, as my loyal readers, hold me to this goal.  Without my feet to the fire, so to speak, I fear I shall once again be sucked into the abyss.

Speaking of loyal readers...A big welcome to The Old Geezer.  I'm pleased as punch to have you.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Ozark girl. How do we chat? You can email me through my website. Nobody will see you email address but me. It's through Microsoft Live, so its a secure network.

    ~Linnette

    ReplyDelete