Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Little Helper

I was reading the Making Home Work blog today, a post about letting your children help out around the house.  This is something I do, but probably not enough.

Anyway, the cute pictures and stories about Jenny and her little boy made me think of an adorable thing my daughter does...of course.

Does everyone have a Swiffer? I have two.  One is the plain jane variety. The newer one is the SwifferVac--you know the one with the vaccuum motor and filter and dust bin.  I love the thing.  It's not true that I'll never go back to my old broom and dust pan.  I often do for deep cleaning...but I digress.

When I bought the vaccuum Swiffer, I took a couple of sections out of the handle of the old one. Now it's just the right size for my 4 year old to use.  She loves it.  Any time I get out my vaccuum Swiffer, she comes right along and grabs hers to help. 

She even made up a little song (Think "This is the way we wash our face...").

Me and my mom are swiffering,
Swiffering, swiffering
Me and my mom are swiffering
All day long.

It doesn't really take all day. I'm not that slow.

Even so, I promise, that song is one of the cutest things you'll ever hear.

Reading that blog today, I was reminded how much I take my blessings for granted. My daughter is the greatest thing God ever put in my life...except maybe her daddy...and I sometimes forget that. 

What's more, she thinks doing housework fun. Crazy right? Not really.

They say children spell love T-I-M-E.

Not T-V.

Not  D-V-D.

Not even P-S-3.

TIME. Game time. Story time. Dinner time. Chore time. As long as they get YOUR time, they don't care what you do with it.

Love doesn't get easier than that.

On a completely unrelated note, my husband and I are celebrating our 10th Anniversary today.
Melissa, did you remember?

2 comments:

  1. No. Here you are calling me out on my atrocious date memory in front of the entire world!! Though I have realized your 10 is coming up since my 10 is too. That counts, right? And happy 32 birthday sometime this summer. Uhhhh on July 13th???? Wait, I think that's Kristi's.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We're even, you just told everyone how old I am! June 16, btw.

    ReplyDelete